- Tape and labels on the outside of cardboard boxes – OK!
- Styrofoam and plastic packaging materials on the inside – NOT OK!
Packaging peanuts, other Styrofoam, and plastic packaging are NOT ACCEPTED in single-stream recycling and should be discarded with your trash. If plastic packaging can be stretched with thumb pressure then it can be recycled at major store chains with plastic bags.
- Flattened cardboard (tape and shipping labels OK)
- Food boxes: cereal, cookies, crackers and frozen meals
- Milk, juice and soup cartons
- Greasy pizza boxes or cardboard with any food residue
- Disposable cups and takeout containers
- Packing peanuts and other packaging material